Schweizerisches Blindenmuseum anders sehen
In 2012 the exhibition "Seeing differently" was opened. It is based on the collection of Dr. h.c. Theodor Staub (1864–1960), who founded the Swiss Museum for the Blind and whose collection was transferred to the Zollikofen School for the Blind in 1961.
The exhibition was expanded and updated in the direction of the information and advice center, which led to a significant increase in attractiveness. The museum business also established itself thanks to the commitment of many volunteer employees. Numerous workshops and awareness-raising courses are held, which arouse keen interest.
Because the old pavilion no longer met the building regulations, it could only be operated until the end of 2019. A replacement building was therefore planned as part of the overall planning of the school for the blind. Architect Rolf Mühlethaler Bern was responsible for the architectural planning. The financing of the construction was secured with a separate donation campaign.
The museum is a member of the Association of Swiss Museums (VSM) and the Association of Museums in the Canton of Bern (mmBE). This ensures professional networking.
Favorite ListsYou have to sign up to work with favorite lists