Due to Corona, many cultural practitioners are under a lot of financial pressure. For this reason, and with the financial support of the cantons of Central Switzerland, the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts is offering a six-part online course to prepare cultural practitioners for fundraising. The participation fee is greatly reduced.
It is often difficult for cultural workers and organisers to find financial support for their own projects. This situation has been exacerbated by Corona. The specialist course "Fundraising for Cultural Professionals" is designed to teach participants the basics of targeted fundraising for the cultural sector in six online events (see box). Thanks to close cooperation with Swissfundraising, the Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia and IG Kultur Zug, all important elements of fundraising in the cultural sector can be addressed. Participants receive facts and figures and valuable tips on applying for grants and dealing with funding foundations and patrons.
Even after the specialist course, cultural practitioners should have the opportunity to stay on the ball. To this end, Swissfundraising, the Swiss association for fundraisers, will be offering a www.swissfundraising.org publish further links and tips. In addition, a "cultural fundraising" platform will be launched where interested parties can network and exchange professional information.
"With this offer, the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, together with its partners, would like to make a contribution to overcoming the persistently difficult situation in cultural creation," says co-initiator and course leader Marino Bundi from the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
The course is aimed at people who work in culturally oriented projects, associations, institutions and organisations or as freelance artists and cultural workers. Thanks to third-party funding from the cantons of Central Switzerland, the course is offered at a greatly offered at a greatly reduced rate: The participation fee is 100 francs.
The online course "Fundraising for Cultural Professionals" starts on 26 April 2021 and comprises six events of three hours each. The following topics will be covered by HSLU and guest lecturers:
- Fundraising basics: Sibylle Spengler, President of Swissfundraising and Martina Büchi, Head of Office of the Friends of Zurich Opera and Ballet, Zurich Opera House
- Project management in fundraising: Barbara Kummler, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Budgeting and financial planning: Marino Bundi, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts
- Successful fundraising with patrons: Dr Dr Elisa BortoluzziDubach, Sponsorship and Communication Expert
- Cooperation with funding foundations: Dr Dr Elisa Bortoluzzi-Dubach
- Applying for grants: Philippe Bischof, Director Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia and Seraina Rohrer, Head of Innovation & Society Swiss Arts Council Pro Helvetia
- Crowdfunding: Dr. Simon Amrein, Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts, Samuel Weibel, Head of lokalhelden.ch, Raiffeisen Switzerland
Further information and registration: hslu.ch/course-fundraising-for-cultural-workers
Contact for media representatives:
Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts - Economics
Marino Bundi, Lecturer and Course Director at the Institute of Financial Services Zug IFZ
T: +41 41 757 67 41
E-mail: [email protected]